Privacy and Cookies Policy
Privacy and Cookies Policy
Chelsea Medics is committed to protecting our patients privacy and takes its responsibility regarding the security of patient information very seriously. We will be clear and transparent about the information we are collecting and what we will do with that information.
This Policy sets out the following:
- What personal data we collect and process about you in connection with your relationship with us as a patient and through your use of our website,
- Where we obtain the data from;
- What we do with that data;
- How we store the data;
- Who we transfer/disclose that data to;
- How we deal with your data protection rights;
- And how we comply with the data protection rules.
- All personal data is collected and processed in accordance with Irish and EU data protection laws.
Chelsea Medics LLP is the “data controller” of all personal information that is collected and used.
What personal data we collect
Personal data means any information relating to you which allows us to identify you, such as your name, date of birth, contact details and home address.
We collect personal data from you when you register with us.
Specifically, we may collect the following categories of information:
- Name, home address, e-mail address, telephone number, date of Birth
- Your next of Kin which includes name, telephone number and relationship to you
- Your NHS GP details: GP name, Surgery name, surgery phone number and address
- Your medical history, current medication and allergies.
- The communications you exchange with us or direct to us via letters, emails, post
What do we use your personal data for, why and for how long
Your data may be used for the following purposes:
- We will share relevant information from your medical record with other health professionals and organisations. For example, we will need to share your information when a referral is made to a specialist or a hospital. Or your GP will send details about your prescription to your chosen pharmacy.
- We send you communications about your appointment and any changes to this service. These communications are not made for marketing purposes and cannot be opted-out of
- Sending you an invoice or receipt.
- Customer Service: We use your data to manage our relationship with you as our customer and to improve our services.
- We will only process your personal data where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the reasons we have collected and need to use your personal data for.
We may also process your personal data for one or more of the following:
- To comply with a legal obligation (e.g. Police reports, safe guarding authorities).
- The Care Quality Commission. It regulates health and social care services to ensure that safe care is provided. The law says that we must report certain serious events to the CQC, for example, when patient safety has been put at risk
- Public health Authorities for example infectious diseases.
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your personal data, and to protect it against accidental loss, destruction or damage. The data you provide to us is protected using a method of encrypting personal information so that they can be securely held.
Sharing your data
The data will be shared with:
- Healthcare professionals and staff in this surgery.
- All secondary care hospitals.
- out of hours services.
- Trusted service providers involved in the provision of direct care to individual patients. E.g The Doctors Laboratory.
- Credit and debit card companies which facilitate your payments to us
- Government authorities (CQC), law enforcement bodies and regulators.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request information about whether we hold personal information about you, and, if so, what that information is and why we are holding/using it.
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- We are not aware of any circumstances in which you will have the right to delete correct information from your medical record.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Rights to object
- You have the right to object to information being shared between those who are providing you with direct care. (This may affect the care you receive)
- You are not able to object to your name, address and other demographic information being held on the Meddbase system. This is necessary if you wish to be registered to receive our care.
- You are not able to object when information is legitimately shared for safeguarding reasons. In appropriate circumstances it is a legal and professional requirement to share information for safeguarding reasons. This is to protect people from harm. The information will be shared with the local safeguarding service at The Borough of Kensington & Chelsea
- Request transfer of your personal information in an electronic and structured form to you or to another party. This enables you to take your data from us in an electronically useable format and to be able to transfer your data to another party in an electronically useable format.
- Withdraw consent. In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
Your data protection rights
If you want to exercise any of these rights, then please e-mail the Practice Manager on email@example.com
You will need to confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.